streams

streams

Friday, April 15, 2022

Unreserved Trust


“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13 NLT)

When running long distances, keeping the body upright and elongated improves efficiency. I know this, but I can’t manage to keep good form when I am tired. At the end of long runs, my torso crumples and my stride shortens to a shuffle. Instead of looking ahead, my eyes are downcast. This further deteriorates my running economy. 

God is the source of hope. He promises joy to those who trust Him. I know this, but I can’t manage to keep trusting when I feel desperate. In times of trouble, my confidence crumbles and my faith is diminished. Instead of looking to God, my eyes are downcast. This makes everything worse.

Source of all hope and joy

You promised peace

To those who trust

 

Since trust is hard for me

I need Your help

To take the first step

 

Through the Power of the Spirit

Let me overflow 

In confident hope


No comments:

Post a Comment