streams

streams

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

I Am Secure

“I have written your name on the palms of my hands.” (Isaiah 49:16 NLT)


I write down everything that I consider important: prayer lists, scripture verses, insights, grocery lists, meals to cook, tasks I need to complete, schedules, reminders, birthdays, training plans, etc. I write in my journal, on my calendar, and on bits of paper. I type on my phone and my computer. When I run marathons, I don’t have access to any of these. I write inspirational verses and prayer lists with a permanent marker on my forearms and hands. Writing helps me remember. 


The image of God writing my name on the palms of HIS hands fills me with security. He won’t forget me. My concerns are His concerns. He wants to keep me at the forefront of His mind. I am important in His eyes. 


God also writes down every other person’s name on His hands--my loved ones, my enemies, every individual joy and suffering. The past, present, and future are on His radar.  All of creation is important to Him including everything on this planet and the rest of the universe. There are things that humans are not even aware of yet that are on God’s mind right now. Even so, I am secure in the knowledge that God will not forget me. For my name is written on the palms of His hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment