streams

streams

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Offensive Attack

“I chased my enemies and destroyed them; I did not stop until they were conquered.” (2 Samuel 22:38)

In the midst of spiritual battles, I always assume a defensive stance. My goal is to protect, preserve, and not get destroyed. I can’t imagine chasing evil. That sounds too scary. Thus far, I’ve been the kind of person who tries to make myself small so as to avoid getting on the enemy radar. At the most, I might fight back when backed into a corner with nowhere to hide. 

Until recently, I did not think of ever mounting an offensive attack in the spiritual realm. What would that even look like?

The Holy Spirit must take the lead in any spiritual fight. My role is to assist. An offensive attack involves reclaiming territory. I can imagine the Holy Spirit moving into an area that has long been held in oppression, destroying evil, and planting stakes in the name of Jesus. Perhaps my role is to carry these cruciform stakes. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment