streams

streams

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Lord's Problem

People living in medieval times had a better understanding of the words Lord and King. A Lord owned the land and everything on it, while the tenants merely worked the land. A Lord was responsible for defending his domain. Although the tenants were expected to do their daily work, the responsibility, the ownership, the weight of the kingdom, was not their burden to bear. That was the Lord’s problem.

Jesus is my Lord and King. He owns everything. He is responsible for me and every person I care about. He is in charge of everything and everybody, and I am not. I have to tend the little plot that I am assigned. I have to be a loyal subject and be ready to do whatever my Lord asks. That’s it.

Lord, sometimes I feel bad for you. You have so many responsibilities, so many burdens to bear. We are a difficult, messy bunch of subjects for you to take care of. Oh, and I hear rumors of impending attacks. You sure have a lot of problems to deal with! It’s a good thing You are omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent. I’m glad I don’t have to worry about any of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment