streams

streams

Monday, July 14, 2014

Managing Others

I absolutely hate being manipulated.
The definition of manipulation: to manage or influence skillfully, especially in an unfair manner.
When we try to manage or influence others and call it ‘helping’—is it just another form of manipulation? Are we just ‘helping’ them to do things according to our ideals?
Most conflicts are based on power struggles. Opposing sides have different visions on ‘how things ought to be’ and proceed to convince others to go along with their ideals. Some battles involve physical violence, while others employ hurtful words and manipulative tactics.
Once we recognize that God is in charge of both sides of every battle, we can rest from struggling.

Lord, You are in charge of me and everyone else. You are the Manager of the entire universe. You are able to influence people’s choices, thoughts, actions, and attitudes. I don’t have to be in constant power struggles with those who are trying to control me. You are in control of me and them. I can be tranquil and at peace, confident in Your managerial skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment