streams

streams

Monday, July 21, 2014

Masking Tape Fixes

“The Lord is great, with limitless strength; we’ll never comprehend what he knows and does.” (Ps. 147:2-6 MSG)
  
Lord, I’m thankful that you are my strong, wise, always dependable, reliable Father. I need you today. You know the big picture. I don’t. You know how all things fit together. You are in charge. You have always been there for me. I want to be confident and peaceful in your care…but I’m feeling anxious and overwhelmed.

What if I called in an electrician or plumber to fix a problem in my home and then hovered over him saying inane things like: What are you doing? Do you know what you’re doing? Maybe you should try some masking tape, I’ve got masking tape; do you want me to go get it? I’m not sure you look like you know what you’re doing!”
My hovering and suggestions would be distracting. My lack of confidence would be draining.  

I want to be confident in God, to trust Him to take care of everything. Since I’m not quite up to this level, I try to project the image of the person I want to be. I suggest masking tape fixes to problems that are way beyond my comprehension level. But God knows my heart, my weaknesses, my fears, my circumstantial peace, and my lack of faith. He knows the root of every problem. He treats the disease, not just the symptoms. 

“But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be.” (Jeremiah 17:9-10 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment