streams

streams

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Warrior God

“The LORD will march forth like a mighty hero; he will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.” (Isaiah 42:13 NLT)

Christ is often portrayed as a gentle shepherd, a humble teacher, a suffering victim. We don’t think of him as a powerful warrior.  Thus, we may pray for compassion, mercy, guidance--but, rarely do we ask God to fight our battles. Instead, when we are afraid of the darkness, when we are tired from the daily struggles, we succumb to discouragement. Like a soldier who has lost confidence in his general, we defect and surrender to the opposing side.

BUT, our God is a mighty warrior who knows how to fight. He is armed and skilled. We must acknowledge that God is our commander and put our complete confidence in His power and strategy. Only then will we be able to let Him lead the battle and fall in line behind Him.  

“O LORD, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight against me. Put on your armor, and take up your shield. Prepare for battle, and come to my aid.” (Psalm 35:1-2 NLT)

Lord, fight our battles--both internal and external; defend us against all evil.

2 comments:

  1. Amen and thank you Lord for being my warrior in all my battles even when my eyes are blinded by false thoughts in my own mind. I will never give up on you as my only General in Life of Life's Battles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep marching behind him!

    ReplyDelete