streams

streams

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Moving Through Discouragement

“This is what the LORD says: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast number, for the battle is not yours, but God's.’” (2 Chronicles 20:15 HCSB)

A dear friend of mine is facing a multitude of problems. She and her husband have been battling her cancer for several years. Their faith is stunning. Their devotion to each other is inspiring. Yet, I know they must be worn out. I am feeling discouraged for them. I have been praying, but their suffering continues...

“Suffering, failure, loneliness, sorrow, discouragement, and death will be part of your journey, but the Kingdom of God will conquer all these horrors. No evil can resist grace forever.” (Brennan Manning)

My discouragement stems from a lack of confidence in God. I must go back to spending more time with Him; for to know Him is to trust Him. I need to remember that God is at the forefront of this battle and every battle. I have to trust that good will eventually conquer evil--that grace will prevail in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment