streams

streams

Monday, September 28, 2015

Wandering Eyes

“Can’t you stick it out with me a single hour? Stay alert; be in prayer so you don’t wander into temptation without even knowing you’re in danger.” (Matthew 26:40-41 MSG)

Do you or your partner have a wandering eye? Do either of you ‘check out’ other attractive people instead of focusing on your mate? This type of behavior is often seen as harmless, but, in reality, it is inconsiderate and insensitive.

When you pray, are you focused on God? Or does your mind wander?

I must confess that I am frequently unfaithful to Jesus. I get bored, so I seek out diversions. My mind wanders to all the other worthy things I could be doing instead of spending time with God. The temptation to follow my own interests takes over, and I ignore the One who is always with me.

Lord, may our minds stay focused on you. Protect us from temptations. Help us to be faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment