streams

streams

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Walk by Faith

“Faith assures us of things we expect and convinces us of the existence of things we cannot see.” (Hebrews 11:1 GWT)

Most mornings, I wake up before sunrise. I keep the lights off so as not to disturb my husband. I feel my way through the darkness, maneuvering around the familiar layout of our bedroom. However, this early morning walkabout is much more difficult when we stay in hotels. I tend  to stub my toes or trip over things while I attempt to move about in the unfamiliar surroundings.  

When we are in the dark, we often try to navigate by feelings, emotions, and instincts. This method may work in certain situations, but it is just a matter of time before we stumble. There is a better way. We can learn to walk by faith and not be feeling. Faith is like a candle that lights the next step in front of us. God is present in all circumstances, even though we often fail to notice Him. Faith enlightens us, helping us discern God’s presence even in darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment