streams

streams

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bad Representatives

“And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus.” (Colossians 3:17 NLT)

As a young couple, my husband and I bought life insurance from a well known, highly reputable, insurance company. The insurance agent who sold us our policy was friendly and articulate. He claimed to have our best interest at heart. However, in a few years we figured out that what he was peddling benefited him more than it did us. This experience made us suspicious of the company that this agent represented, plus all other insurance companies.

I profess to be a Christian. Let me qualify that a bit...I attempt to follow Christ. I don’t claim to be a stellar Christian, but I still take this responsibility very seriously. I am aware that everything I say and do affects how others perceive Christianity. I don’t like to hurt or offend fellow believers. I don’t want to be divisive or critical. Sadly, this concern about offending insiders who share my faith often prevents me from drawing outsiders to Christ.

(continued on next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment