streams

streams

Monday, August 15, 2016

Holy in Christ

“Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.” (Ephesians 1:4 NLT)

It’s hard to explain...but I loved my child even before he was born. I wanted a child with every fiber of my being for a long time, before I even got pregnant. My husband and I waited expectantly for what would be our only child. He was loved and cherished before he existed. I doubt he realizes the full extent of his significance to us.

Before we were in this world, we were in Christ. To be ‘in Christ’ is a state of being, a condition in which we are fully connected, dependent, and in constant communion with the Divine. We were chosen--intentionally created, wanted. Unfortunately, many of us do not understand the depth of God’s everlasting love for us.

“In him we live and move and exist.” (Acts 17:28 NLT)

Outside of Christ, we are fractured, insecure, and constantly dissatisfied. In Christ, we are whole, holy, valued, and valuable. In HIM, we thrive, and grow, and experience the love of God.

Lord, may we realize the full extent of Your love for us. You intentionally made us to be holy and set apart for Your purposes. Help us to remain in You and be one with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment