streams

streams

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Call

“For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time--to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.” (2 Timothy 1:9 NLT)

We are called to a holy life, to be set apart, to be used for sacred purposes. Not because we have done anything to deserve it, but because that was God’s original intention for us. Like soldiers, we are provided with appropriate uniforms, equipment, training, directions, specific assignments, and locations for service. We are expected to put on the gear and report for  duty.

“Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12 NLT)

Putting on these virtues is not easy for me; it’s not like slipping into comfortable clothes. I seem to naturally feel compassion and kindness for certain people. However, it is extremely difficult for me to be patient and gentle with people who take advantage of others. Thus, I find myself struggling; the gear is heavy and awkward. I am ashamed to report for duty. Fortunately, the grace of Christ allows me to have access to strengths I do not naturally possess. I shall acknowledge my weaknesses and depend on Christ to train me according to His purposes.

Lord, I submit my inadequacies to you. Your grace is sufficient. Train me to do Your will. Make me holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment