streams

streams

Friday, August 12, 2016

Blocking Faith

(continued from previous post)

“So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall.” (Romans 14:13 NLT)

Our words and deeds can either attract people to God or repel them. For example, I am an all-or-nothing kinda gal. I’m sure I have turned people off by my intensity. I also tend to speak first and think later. This can definitely offend people and make them want to steer clear. I am also judgmental and impatient. When I claim to be a Christian, and then fail to act in a Christ-like manner, I misrepresent Christ.

What are some ways in which you may unintentionally turn other people off from faith? Does your concern about being ostracized by fellow believers prevent you from speaking up? Do you live in a way that puts up barriers or bridges for others to follow Christ?  

No comments:

Post a Comment