streams

streams

Monday, September 19, 2016

Admitting Flaws

“I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity.” (Psalm 32:5 NIV)

We once rented a vacation home which had a sensitive septic system. The owners had a long note in the restroom of things not to flush down the toilet. I was glad that they were candid about this issue; otherwise, it could have caused trouble for all of us.

Everyone is flawed. Most of us are aware of our shortcomings, but some of us refuse to acknowledge our defects. Pride can prevent us from admitting our iniquities, and this can be hazardous to everyone involved. Do not coddle inauthenticity in yourself or in others. It just messes with your head. Eventually it strips you of the ability to distinguish between what is genuine or counterfeit. Don’t waste time or energy on artificial relationships. Recognize your flaws and be transparent about them. Be real.

Lord, guard me against all deceit. Help me to be honest with myself and with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment