streams

streams

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Launching Myself

“Surrender yourself to the LORD, and wait patiently for him. Do not be preoccupied with an evildoer who succeeds in his way when he carries out his schemes.” (Psalm 37:7 GWT)

The above verse goes completely against my natural instincts. I’m not the passive, capitulating type. I get aggravated at manipulators and bullies. I want to defend, speak up, and fight against anyone who takes advantage of others. Why can’t I let go and surrender everything to the Lord? Why can’t I wait patiently for HIM to sort everything out?

I am afraid to launch my little lifeboat fully into God’s unknown waters. Instead, I try to paddle my own way, while staying close to shore. I imagine that everything beyond my vision and control must be dangerous. I so want to trust God and let Him fight my battles...but my faith is weak.

I’ve tried to win this war I confess
My hands are weary I need Your rest
Mighty Warrior, King of the fight
No matter what I face, You’re by my side
When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move
When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don’t give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

(Lauren Daigle “Trust in You”)

No comments:

Post a Comment