streams

streams

Friday, March 24, 2017

American Values

"Into the hovels of the poor,
Into the dark streets where the homeless groan, God speaks:
'I've had enough; I'm on my way
To heal the ache in the heart of the wretched." (Psalm 12:5 MSG)


For centuries, the United States of America was known as a melting pot of immigrants from all over the world who came in search of freedom and opportunity. The Statue of Liberty was the symbol for all that America represented. At the base of the statue is the following inscription:


"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"


We are a nation built on liberty--the freedom to practice any religion without being harassed; the freedom to assemble, to protest injustice, and to have a free press.


I am deeply saddened by what is happening in my country. American values are being trampled; freedom is being replaced with restrictions and bans. Christian values are adulterated to justify greed and racism.

This is NOT us! America is better than this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment