streams

streams

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

God's Address

“But you, God, shield me on all sides; You ground my feet, you lift my head high;” (Psalm 3:3 MSG)

I was in the midst of yet another distressing situation. Everywhere I looked, I could only see more trouble coming at me from all sides. I was exhausted and at the end of my rope. I didn’t know what to do. I staggered around for days with a droopy head and a fearful heart.

“God’s address is at the end of your rope.” (Dallas Willard)

When we have exhausted all our usual resources, when we can’t figure things out on our own--that’s when we go to God. He waits for us to come to Him, to rely on Him completely.

Lord, I am grateful that You shield me on all sides. You protect everything that is vital, inside and out. You keep me stable. You restore my dignity so that I can walk with my head high. You are the only source of real help. I shall depend on You to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment