streams

streams

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My Helper

“We can say with confidence, ‘The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?’ (Hebrews 13:6 NLT)

What can people do to me?
Plenty!
Am I afraid?
You bet!
So, how do I face my fear of what humans can do to each other?
I must develop confidence in the Lord as my helper.  

“The bottom’s dropped out of the country; good people don’t have a chance.” (Psalm 11:3 MSG)

The foundations of love, compassion, justice, and equality are crumbling. The poor and the vulnerable are stripped of what little they have, so that the privileged and the powerful can hoard even more. Malice is rebranded as mercy to justify greed.

Where is God? Why doesn’t he intervene?

“His holy address hasn’t changed. He’s in charge, as always, his eyes taking everything in.” (Psalm 11:4 MSG)

The Lord is still in charge. He sees through the hypocrisy. His address is still the same. When we are exhausted and out of options, we can turn to God boldly. He is our helper. He will not abandon the poor and the helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment