streams

streams

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Comfort

“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.” (2 Corinthians 1:4 NLT)

My husband and I have been considering replacing the mattress on our bed. While doing my online research, I picked up some new information about mattresses. A mattress should not be overly soft, or it will cause your body to sink into the bed. This can lead to bad posture and pain in the long run. A too-firm mattress will push on your pressure points which can cause misalignment. A good mattress should be neither too soft nor too firm.

God comforts us in our troubles, and He expects us to do the same for others. Sometimes we are called to be a safe place for others to land--to provide rest, encouragement, and empathy. However, it’s hard to get it just right--to be supportive but not enabling, to be comforting but not coddling,  For this we need God’s help and guidance.

Lord, comfort all those who are suffering from physical pain or mental anguish. Use me if necessary. Teach me how to have the right balance of softness and firmness. Grant me wisdom, patience, and steadfastness.

1 comment: