streams

streams

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Pause in His Presence

“Let the dawning day bring me revelation of your tender, unfailing love. Give me light for my path and teach me, for I trust in you.” (Psalm 143:8 TPT)
Mornings, before the day’s distractions take hold of our minds, is the ideal time to start paying attention. God’s revelations are clear and fresh. We are able to listen intelligently when our minds are uncluttered. Thus, make soaking in God’s presence your first job, your primary preoccupation. Present your plans before Him. Surrender your burdens and concerns. Seek His guidance on everything. Wait for directions. Trust that God is present, available, dependable, and gracious. 
“Now I’m reaching out to you, thirsting for you, like the dry, cracked ground thirsts for rain. Pause in his presence.” (Psalm 143:6 TPT)
Selah: pause in HIS presence. 
Shush the agitating voice within you that is constantly planning, comparing, and measuring productivity. Ignore the distractions that pop up before you. Yes, there is much  to do and very little time left. That is why it is important to prioritize and be attentive. 
When our soul is still, we sense God’s presence. We realize how desperately we need Him, and nothing else will satisfy our longing. Like dry, cracked ground thirsts for water, we wait to feel His refreshing love and grace upon us. He is all we need.
“Your gracious Spirit is all I need, so lead me on good paths that are pleasing to you, my one and only God!” (Psalm 143:10 TPT)

No comments:

Post a Comment