streams

streams

Thursday, August 1, 2019

Reminders of God

“Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, ‘Thus far the LORD has helped us.’” (1 Samuel 7:12 NIV)
Samuel raised up a stone and named it Ebenezer. It was a monument to God’s providence and protection. Joshua and Jacob also used stones to memorialize the Lord’s faithfulness. These stones became part of their testimony--of how God showed up and helped. The stories of these monuments continue to inspire and encourage us. 
My life story is also interspersed with reminders of God’s presence and faithfulness. During monumental experiences, the Lord has guided and comforted me through specific Bible verses, songs, or symbols. Even years later, I am filled with gratitude and encouragement when I read these verses, hear these songs, or see these symbols. These Ebenezer moments have become part of my testimony: Thus far the Lord has helped me. I can count on Him to continue to take care of me. 
“Cypress trees will grow where now there are briers; myrtle trees will come up in place of thorns. This will be a sign that will last forever, a reminder of what I, the LORD, have done." (Isaiah 55:13 GNT)

No comments:

Post a Comment