streams

streams

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Operating Manuals

You were taught to change the way you were living. The person you used to be will ruin you through desires that deceive you.” (Ephesians 4:22 GWT)
In my home, I have a large, plastic box where I keep paper operating manuals that come with all the electronics I have purchased. It’s a habit I started back before everything was online. These manuals can be useful when you need to assemble, operate, clean, and troubleshoot an appliance. Over the years, I have disposed of many coffee makers, toasters, stereos, phones, TVs, lawn mowers, etc. However, I have not taken the time to clean out the corresponding manuals from the box.  
Similarly, I have several decades of old ‘operating manuals’ stuffed in my head. These messages were useful once during different phases of my life. I am no longer the same person I used to be. I have outgrown many of the desires and delusions of youth. However, I have not discarded the obsolete tapes--negative thoughts, self-limiting fears, worries, hangups, and rules which were part of my old life. It’s time to go through the dusty box and dispose of that which is no longer relevant or productive. It’s time to move forward, to embrace new directions, to grow in the realm of truth. 
“Now it’s time to be made new by every revelation that’s been given to you.” (Ephesians 4:23 TPT)


No comments:

Post a Comment