streams

streams

Monday, August 12, 2019

The Power of Bold Faith

Now faith brings our hopes into reality and becomes the foundation needed to acquire the things we long for. It is all the evidence required to prove what is still unseen. (Hebrews 11:1 TPT) 
I worked in a laboratory for several years. I spent my days peering through a microscope, analyzing human chromosomes. I had been trained to culture and stain specimens properly, so that the cells revealed their chromosomal structure. I also had access to powerful microscopes that allowed me to see details that most people never get to see. I no longer work in a lab, so I don’t have this privilege anymore. However, I know that all humans have chromosomes in their cells. I don’t have to see your blood under a microscope to assure you of this fact. It may be difficult for those who have never had my work experience to be as sure of this truth. Second-hand information cannot imbue the same level of certainty as first-hand knowledge .
Faith reveals that which is invisible to the naked eye. It provides supernatural magnification, bringing Christ and His power into focus. Faith is non-transferable; each person must experience it for himself. Second-hand faith does not provide the same conviction as first-hand awareness. The experience of personal faith grants the assurance of God’s presence; it doesn’t guarantee that everything will work out according to our wishes. Yet, there is power in bold trust. Faith gives us the confidence to transfer all our weight onto the Lord, knowing that He is dependable and capable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment