streams

streams

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Ride Along

“You have experienced a deepening friendship with the Holy Spirit and have felt his tender affection and mercy.” (Philippians 2:1 TPT)

One of my favorite ways to spend time with my husband is to ride along while he is driving somewhere. Oftentimes there is no real reason for me to join him other than companionship. He doesn’t need me in the passenger seat while he is running errands. However, I enjoy this time alone with him. There are minimal distractions, so we get to talk about all sorts of things. It’s not that I don’t have other things to do, but I set them aside and make this a priority.   

This is what God wants from us too--a deep friendship, the desire to be in His presence, time alone, and communion. He invites me along as He goes about His purposes. He didn’t pick me because of my usefulness or any special attributes. He doesn’t need me. God is perfectly capable of handling everything even if I don’t participate. However, I feel privileged to be included in God’s purposes. Riding along with God prevents me from being able to do my own thing. I usually have a multitude of things I want to accomplish and chores to get done. Yet, I set them all aside and make being with the Lord my priority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment