streams

streams

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Worthiness and Validation

The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain; the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions. (Proverbs 10:11 NLT)

The older I get, the more selective I have become about investments of time and energy. I know what is important to me: authenticity, vulnerability, honesty, consistency, self-awareness, kindness, and faith. AND, I know what I cannot tolerate: hypocrisy, arrogance, manipulation, dishonesty, ostentation, and exploitation. No matter how attentive or flattering someone is to me, I cannot overlook these deficiencies. Having clear priorities helps me winnow the wheat from the chaff. 

Scripture teaches us that the words of the godly are life-giving, while the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions. Religiosity is not equivalent to  godliness. How can we differentiate between those who have sincere motives and those who are disingenuous?

Seek out people with values, not merely those who validate you. Invest in those who are inherently good over those who make you feel good. These people are rare, so it will take some searching. Once you find them, stay close and learn from their example. Be the kind of person who is life-giving and encouraging. Reach out and extend a hand to those who are on the same journey. Lead others to growth and strength without expectations of personal gain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment