streams

streams

Monday, January 27, 2020

A Sensitive Spirit

“Pray in the Spirit. Pray about everything in every way you know how!” (Ephesians 6:18 VOICE)

The nervous system is responsible for receiving and processing external stimuli. Nerve damage can result in loss of sensation. Inability to feel pain or changes in temperature can be injurious to our bodies. Similarly, spiritual numbness can be detrimental to our well-being. When we go through our days disconnected from God, living as if everything depended on us, our souls become desensitized. 

“Am I open to the action of the Holy Spirit? Do I pray to him to give me illumination, to make me more sensitive to God’s things? This is a prayer we must pray every day: ‘Holy Spirit, make my heart open to the word of God, make my heart open to goodness, make my heart open to the beauty of God every day.’” (Pope Francis, The Church of Mercy)

Pray. Ask the Holy Spirit for illumination, to make you sensitive to God’s things, to make you aware. Pray. Call upon the Spirit to make your heart open to goodness. Pray. Pray about everything in every way you know how!”

No comments:

Post a Comment