streams

streams

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Diligent Prayer

“Pray diligently.” (Colossians 4:2 MSG)

I have a habit of texting my husband throughout the day. It doesn’t have to be anything important; I just like to share whatever I am thinking and doing. I want his input and feedback. I also stay in touch with my closest friends regularly. However, I only share the details of my life with the ones I trust completely. 

Prayer is consistent communication with God. There are many ways to connect with God: study, contemplate, talk, write, praise, sing. We can share our thoughts, emotions, desires, and plans. We can ask the Lord for HIS input into everything we are doing and feeling. Unless we know God intimately and trust Him completely, we won’t feel like seeking Him out consistently. Diligent prayer is persistent and earnest. It takes effort and practice. God is invited into every thought and action. Partnering with God this way, throughout each day, enables us to remain focused on His purposes. His reassuring presence strengthens us. His wisdom saturates our minds. His directions keep us on track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment