streams

streams

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Unworthy

“Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home.” (Matthew 8:8 NLT)
Have you ever felt unworthy of someone’s love or friendship?
To be honest, I rarely feel this way. I don’t think one person is more worthy than any other. Lots of people are better off than I am, but that doesn’t make them better than I am. Thus, I go into most relationships feeling I have as much value as the next person.  One of the rare exceptions is a dear friend I met a long time ago. Her goodness is so authentic that I feel unworthy to be in her orbit. Yet, her purity is too captivating to pass up. Fortunately, she has embraced me with her unconditional love and acceptance. 
Have you ever felt unworthy of God’s love? Does this cause you to turn away from Him? 
None of us is good enough to be in God’s presence. His purity is in direct contrast to our uncleanness. This may make us feel uncomfortable, but it does not cause the Lord to turn away in disgust. God’s love is unconditional. His grace is not merit based. He accepts us knowing our brokenness. We are made worthy by our relationship with Him. 
"God our Savior and His overpowering love and kindness for humankind entered our world; He came to save us. It’s not that we earned it by doing good works or righteous deeds; He came because He is merciful.” (Titus 3:4-5 VOICE)

No comments:

Post a Comment