streams

streams

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Soul Food

“For my body is real food for your spirit and my blood is real drink.The one who eats my body and drinks my blood lives in me and I live in him. The Father of life sent me, and he is my life. In the same way, the one who feeds upon me, I will become his life.” (John 6:55-57 TPT)

Food and water are essential to life. Our physical bodies are made to crave,  search out, grow, prepare, chew, and digest what we need. Hunger and thirst are driving forces in all conscious beings.  Comatose patients cannot eat on their own. Thus, they are kept alive with liquid nutrition through nasogastric tubes. 

Conscious beings also sense a deeper need--a dissatisfaction, a desperation, a craving for something more. Our souls hunger and thirst for God. Christ offers his sacrificial love as spiritual sustenance. It is up to us to trust, accept, and align ourselves to Him. Be intentional. Do not remain spiritually comatose--depending upon others to feed you passively. Seek nourishment in Christ. Chew on His word. Ingest Him continually until you and Christ become one flesh and blood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment