streams

streams

Friday, January 3, 2020

Supernatural Views

“Don’t shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that’s where the action is. See things from his perspective.” (Colossians 3:1-2 MSG)
I tend to focus on one thing at a time. Sometimes, I can be physically unaware of my surroundings, because I get absorbed in the emotions of others. Conversations, body language, and moods affect me. My experiences color my feelings. My feelings shape my perspective.
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” (Isaiah 55:8 NLT)
If I am too busy looking at what is going on around me, I can’t see what is happening around Christ. I may imagine that my perspective is aligned with Christ’s and, thus, one and the same. This is a delusion. Most of the time, my perspective is just that--mine only--not Divine. 
Feelings are not faith. And as long as we rely on our emotions and experiences, our perspectives remain narrow. There is no transformation. Only the Spirit of God working within us can change our minds.  We have to be alert to what is going on around Christ in order to see things from His perspective. Sacred Truth grants us supernatural views of Divine Grace. And God’s ways are far beyond anything we could imagine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment