streams

streams

Friday, February 19, 2021

Soul Care


“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” (3 John 1:2 NIV)

Once a day, I patiently run my fingers through my long hair and gently break up the knots. Afterwards, I apply some oil and braid my hair. Getting the tangles out of my hair is time consuming and frustrating. However, this small act strengthens me in a way that is hard to describe. Deep within me, I feel cared for and cherished.

While pampering and indulging oneself can be enjoyable, the benefits are often superficial and cosmetic. Soul care goes much deeper. It is protective and restorative. It reduces injury and misuse. It heals invisible wounds. It nourishes the inner being.

Good health encompasses the body, mind, and spirit. It extends to relationships, emotions, and purpose. Soul care is vital to a whole and healed life. It is deeply personal. What works for others may not work for you. Noticing what soothes and strengthens your soul requires intention and attention. Decrease habits that drain you; increase practices that are uplifting. Remember to nourish your soul. 


No comments:

Post a Comment