streams

streams

Friday, July 17, 2015

Layers of Confirmation

“I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will.”  (John 5:30 NLT)

Two days ago, I suddenly felt convicted about a habit that I have. The next morning, I woke up with the thought that I need to quit this habit. For the last two days, I have been receiving layers of confirmation about this conviction. This rarely happens to me. I have asked and prayed for confirmation about my plans before, but I seldom feel this sense of affirmation.  This  time, I didn’t even initiate the thought; it just seemed to come out of nowhere. Usually, I have a goal in mind, and I ask God to pave my way and remove any obstacles. This time, God superimposed His will on my conscious.

I’m sharing this personal experience for two reasons. First, writing it down helps me to remember it. Even though I feel the weight of this impression right now, it might fade in a few days. Secondly, I’m sure that God convicts all of us regularly, but most of us just fail to notice. We can get so wrapped up in our own desires that we fail to clear space for God’s purposes. We all need to quit this habit.

“Think straight. Awaken to the holiness of life...Ignorance of God is a luxury you can’t afford in times like these. Aren’t you embarrassed that you’ve let this kind of thing go on as long as you have?” ( 1 Corinthians 5:34 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment