streams

streams

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stretching Faith

“When Jesus looked out and saw that a large crowd had arrived, he said to Philip, ‘Where can we buy bread to feed these people?’ He said this to stretch Philip’s faith. He already knew what he was going to do.” (John 6:5-6 MSG)

I have difficulty reaching things on the top of my kitchen cupboards. I have to stand on tiptoe and stretch as much as possible to get a box of cereal from the top shelf. It is frustrating when there is a gap between my height and what I want.

My faith often falls short, too. When there is a disparity between my wants and my faith, I struggle. Yet, without these deficiencies, my faith would not  stretch and grow.

God sees our insufficiencies and our shortcomings. He already has a plan on for what He is going to do. Yet, He waits to implement his plan so that our faith may expand. As we stretch, our understanding widens, our confidence strengthens, and our trust deepens. Our deficiencies can make us look higher, reach beyond our own ability, and bring us closer to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment