streams

streams

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Reasons for Living

“I live because of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me. I am the true bread...” (John 6:57--58 NLT)

I live because of_______

What or who has brought you to this point in your life?  Was it your hard work, good looks, wonderful talents, superior intellect, excellent choices, or awesome connections?

I live for________

If you had to give a reason for living, what would it be? Do you live for: the weekend, football, applause, your job, your children, or yourself? Or, maybe you don’t like to think beyond today. Maybe you are just focused on survival--getting your immediate wants and needs met. Do you mindlessly ingest whatever is available, whether it is nourishing or harmful? Whatever your reasons for living, are they worthwhile? Do they bring sustainable contentment or mere temporary satisfaction?

We are who we are because of Grace. Jesus is the only nourishment that fulfills and satisfies. Jesus is sustaining, while everything else is mere filler. Thus, the Lord is the cause and reason for our lives.

Lord, may we absorb you fully, so that you become the reason for our existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment