streams

streams

Friday, July 24, 2015

Why Seek God?

“Jesus answered, ‘You’ve come looking for me not because you saw God in my actions but because I fed you, filled your stomachs--and for free.” (John  6:26 MSG)

Why do we seek Jesus? Are we motivated by our desire to access God’s power--so that our needs are met, our life is smoother, and our efforts are successful?  Are we wishing that our loved ones would also be influenced by God, so that they too may have trouble-free lives? Or, do we search for Jesus because we want to be near Him, to have an intimate relationship with Him?

Personally, I want to draw close to God for multiple reasons. I am convinced that moments with God are better than moments without Him. When I  am connected to God, my problems don’t go away; however, I feel that I can handle things better. I am less afraid. I draw strength from His presence. I know I am cared for and supported. I am better able to discern between good and evil. Even in the midst of pain, I experience flashes of hope. The darkness is not as dark. I feel reassured that there is meaning and purpose in everything--even suffering. I am not alone. I sense God’s love.

God of grace, I ask that we may all recognize You and draw closer to You.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to this. Especially after your post yesterday. The message comes clear loud and clear. Thank you for being a messenger.

    ReplyDelete