streams

streams

Monday, July 13, 2015

Stay Tuned

(continued from last post)

“That is why the Holy Spirit says, "Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts...” (Hebrews 3:7-8 NLT)

Yesterday, after reading the above verse, I stayed alert. I didn’t get any mind-blowing insights. A few times, I felt an internal sense that I should not speak but just listen for that moment. I have a habit of talking too much and directing conversations. I also feel the need to fix problems right away. Yesterday, I felt the nudge to allow others to process their situations at their own pace. Although this felt unnatural and uncomfortable, I listened and obeyed.

Today might be one of those days that God speaks to you, nudging you from your everyday, comfortable roles to a more specifically-directed purpose. Don’t ignore these gentle intuitions that are placed in your heart. Don’t fill your life to the brim with busyness. Don’t be so distracted that you can’t hear Him. Stay tuned-in. Expect to hear from God.

1 comment: