streams

streams

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Devote Yourself

“Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.” (Colossians 4:2 NLT)
I woke early this morning thinking of all the things I had left undone from the previous day. Where did all the time go? What did I devote myself to yesterday?  It was a busy day filled with lots of activities, but I’m not sure if any of it will make a difference in the long run.
I desire to live a life of consecration, not desecration. However, my days are polluted and congested. I sense that time is sacred, yet I’m easily diverted. Good intentions aren’t enough. In order to keep from wandering, I have to rededicate myself over and over.  
We can choose a consecrated life of focused prayer, gratitude, encouragement, study, teaching, and service. If a lifetime of devotion seems too daunting, take it day by day. If even that seems too much, dedicate just the next hour, and then the next...and so on.

Lord, may I consecrate every hour of every day to Your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment