streams

streams

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Feeding Trust

“Trust [rely on and have confidence] in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and feed [securely] on His faithfulness.” (Psalm 37:3 AMP)

Psalm 37 starts off with the phrase: “Do not worry.” I must confess...worry is my natural response to most negative situations. It’s like a knee-jerk reaction that I can’t control. Fear and anxiety feed off of each other and create a cycle of despair. Nothing good comes out of this. Often, in a crisis situation, I am unaware of what is happening to me. It’s like being in an ambulance and getting hooked up to the wrong IV solution. I do not realize that the stuff that is being pumped through me is causing further damage.

In every emergency, what I need is an IV  infusion of trust in God. I need to feed on HIS faithfulness, not on my fears. Worrying makes me focus on my problems instead of on God. Dread shoots up into my mind, dominating every thought and infusing every emotion.

In order to be fueled by trust, I must submit to the Holy Spirit, relying confidently upon His care. I can trust Him to hook me up to the right solution. I will commit everything to Him--my disappointments, my frustrations, and my anger. I shall wait patiently in His presence, depending on Him to nurture,  restore, and sustain me.

LORD, sustain me as you promised, that I may live! Do not let my hope be crushed. (Psalm 119:116 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment