streams

streams

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Good Knife

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.” (1 Peter 5:6)

I have several knives in my kitchen: a long serrated knife for cutting bread, a heavy cleaver for cutting meat, a chef’s knife for slicing and dicing, a small paring knife for cutting and peeling fruit, etc. Each of these knives has its own specific purpose. I have used them all at some time or another. However, I find myself reaching for one knife over and over again. It’s a small, serrated, utility knife. It fits in my hands, it’s not too heavy, and it stays sharp.

We are all created for different purposes.  Our physical appearances, our personalities, our experiences, our abilities, and our weaknesses can and will be used by God. However, some characteristics are more favored: A humble spirit fits snugly in God’s palm.  An alert servant remains sharp and ready. Thus, God frequently uses unassuming, attentive individuals to fulfill His purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment