streams

streams

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hanging Out

“Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!” (Psalm 105:4 ESV)

A friend called me recently and asked if I would like to hang out with her for the day. I wanted to, but I had a lot of things to get done. I told her I could spare an hour or two, perhaps next week? This week was already full.

Jesus also seeks my company. He asks me to hang out with him daily--to talk with Him, to listen to Him, and to work with Him. However, my calendar is already full with other commitments. To be completely honest--there are a lot of other things I would rather do than spend time with Him.

This is the crux of my dilemma: I want to seek the Lord continually, yet I am constantly distracted by other things.

Lord, You alone are my strength. Help me to desire You more than everything else.

1 comment:

  1. The time will come when you are at peace taking the time to spend with The Lord because it doesn't have to be hours like a monk. It can be regular connections here and there like sending a text. Like everything else when you do it regularly, it becomes habit. Unfortunately, some days it can feel like skipping a workout when you were able to do it, but just didn't feel like it. So, think of it as "Jesus and God forgive."

    ReplyDelete