streams

streams

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Lord My God

“Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again--my Savior and my God!” (Psalm 42:11 NLT)

I am deeply saddened by all the suffering around me--illness, addictions, rejection, loneliness, crumbling marriages, financial difficulties...the list is long. I pray. I wait in hope. Yet, I must confess that I often feel disheartened.

Why do I get discouraged?

When I pray and see results, I am encouraged. When the outcome is not as I wished, I am dismayed. My emotions and my faith waver depending on the circumstances. Have I put my hope in results? Have I made my wishes into idols? Who or what am I worshipping?

The Lord is my God. He is my Master--not my assistant. Everything starts and ends with Him. I need to submit to His Will, His timing, His Purpose. In order to tune into God, I have to tune out of everything else. There is nothing more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment