streams

streams

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Revelations of Glory

“All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining in the clouds on a rainy day. This is what the glory of the LORD looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone's voice speaking to me.” (Ezekiel 1:28 NLT)

I was running around my neighborhood circle as usual. It was a cold, damp day, and there was no one else in sight. I guess I was the only one crazy enough to be out there in that weather. I kept my eyes on the road in front of me--the potholes were full of water, and I had to be careful where I stepped. I looked up as a car approached. I’ve learned not to be anywhere near the large puddles when a car drives by--or else I get soaked in muddy water. I stepped off the road and into a field. As I waited, I happened to look up at the sky and noticed a brilliant rainbow. How long had that been there? I wondered if anyone else saw it! I immediately got my phone out and took a picture. I shared it with a few friends. I couldn’t believe that I had almost missed seeing this glorious sight, just because I was too busy focusing on the puddles in front of me.

The prophet Ezekiel looked up expectantly. He not only saw the rainbow; he recognized it for what it was--divine glory on display. He fell to his knees in submission. He heard the voice of God.

God reveals His glory for all to see. Some never step out of their comfort zones to witness it. Others might be too focused on dealing with the messes in their path. What does it take for us to look up? Even if you catch a glimpse of  divine glory, that is just the first step. Can we recognize God in the experience? Are we floored by His greatness? Do we fall to our knees in submission and trust? Can we hear and understand His voice? Are we transformed by His glory?

“So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.” (2 Corinthians 2:18 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment