streams

streams

Monday, January 30, 2017

Lord, My Glory

“But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.” (Psalm 3:3 NLT)

In Judaism, the Hebrew word Shekinah is often used to describe God’s manifested glory. Literally, it means a settling of God’s presence. God is also referred to as  Jehovah Kabod: Lord, of glory. Kabod, which is often translated to the English word ‘glory’, signifies heaviness, gravity, and density. Thus, God’s glory is best described as the weight or gravity of His presence.

According to Psalm 8:3, the Lord set the moon and the stars in place. God holds everything in the universe in proper order by His gravitas--the weight of his glorious presence. The stars, planets, and moons stay in their orbits fulfilling their divine purposes. The wind and the tides also move accordingly. God’s glory reaches inside and out. His presence settles on everything; His gravity influences everyone.

Lord, Your gravity surrounds me on all sides, preventing me from bouncing around randomly. Your weight keeps me grounded. Your glory contains me, sustains me, and enables me to function purposefully. When I am downcast, lift my head so that my gaze is fixed on You.

No comments:

Post a Comment