streams

streams

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Consistent Dependence

“So now, come back to your God. Act with love and justice, and always depend on him.” (Hosea 12:6 NLT)

I highly value consistency in relationships. I try to communicate with all my loved ones regularly to let them know I am thinking of them and that I am available if they need me. Some people believe that relationships can flourish even with intermittent care. This is not true. If you take a train to work, and it arrives late several times a month, you stop relying on it. Similarly, sporadic relationships lead to unease and distrust.

Consistent communication with God enables us to trust Him. The Lord is always present and available. Yet, we don’t always make time for Him. When we learn to connect with him continually, we realize we can count on Him to always be there for us. The Lord can accomplish much through those who constantly depend on Him; So let us turn our attention to God, act in kindness and fairness, and steadily rely on Him at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment