streams

streams

Thursday, January 5, 2017

How Much Longer?

“My eyes are straining to see your promises come true. When will you comfort me?” (Psalm 119:82 NLT)

My husband works in the Emergency Department of a major hospital. Recently, we have been seeing small hospitals advertising their average ER waiting times. My husband said he would be more concerned about how long a patient had to stay in the Emergency Department before being discharged or admitted to another department. The waiting room is just the first step. Many patients have to wait hours, to sometimes days, before they leave the ED. These patients do not find any comfort in the fact that they only had to wait twenty  minutes at first.

I feel like I have been waiting a long time for God to take care of some issues. There have been some minor signs of progress. I feel like I’m out of the waiting room. I have had a chance to present my case. Yet, things are not resolved, and I don’t know if and when they will be. I’m tired, frustrated, and impatient for results.  My eyes keep straining, waiting for some good news. I long for relief.

“How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart every day? How long will my enemy have the upper hand? Turn and answer me, O LORD my God!” (Psalm 13:2-3 NLT)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it is time for you to truly understand completely that God provides the answers and insights on his terms Don't ask how and don't ask when, just accept it will happen.

    Perhaps your way of looking at this could be to continue on your path of minor signs, as you put it, but instead of letting this feel like it is defeating at the time, change your mindset to believe we all have to take things one step at a time in order to understand the complete journey. Minor signs may indeed be huge signs you took the right road and you are taking baby steps in order to understand the signs you are given more completely along the way.

    ReplyDelete