streams

streams

Monday, February 13, 2017

Covered

“O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.” (Psalm 140:7 KJV)

I have medical coverage through my husband’s work. He is the policy holder; I am covered under his name. Whenever I need medical services, I have to pay a small copay. The bulk of the cost is paid by the insurance.  

Similarly, I am covered under the name of the Lord--not because of anything I’ve done, but because of who I am to Him. When I have to face evil, I am shielded from the full brunt of its effect. Whatever the cost I may have to pay, it is nominal compared to what Christ has already paid. I am grateful for this privilege.

Lord, you cover me with Your feathers and shelter me under your wings. Your faithful promises are my armor and protection. ( ~from Psalm 91:4)


No comments:

Post a Comment