streams

streams

Friday, February 24, 2017

Lord My Strength

“He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts.” (Isaiah 40:29 MSG)

Sailing is wind dependent, while rowing requires physical strength and skill. Thus, most boaters learn to row in smooth and rough waters before they learn the mechanics of sailing. Rowing is simpler than sailing--you have more control since you don’t have to depend as much on environmental factors. If I were a boater, I think I would be tempted to remain a competent rower and never bother with the hassle of learning to sail.

I haven’t been feeling very energetic lately. From dawn to dusk, I try to push through despite my diminishing reserves. By the evening, I am spent. When I am tired, I tend to ‘check out’--my body might still be present, but my brain just shuts down. I am like a rower who has exhausted her strength. If only I could manage to unfurl my sails of trust and learn to catch the divine wind of the Spirit of God. Then I would go forth, despite my powerlessness, empowered with fresh strength, sailing over difficulties.  

“But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31 NLT)

2 comments:

  1. One thing to remember always when our body goes into the challenging mode during the dormancy part of winter and the mind unexpectedly changes to "must do it" instead of "get to do it" is to once again remember: "This Too Shall Pass" and the well known inner darkness February can bring will soon be flourishing with life again. Like the earth, the dormancy will pass and life will again Spring forth. Do your best and forget the rest. It is what God is asking of you. You are not alone in this feeling. Talk to God. Talk to His Angels and ask for motivation and energy be restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am so looking forward to warmer weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete