streams

streams

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Unknown Future

“Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.” (Isaiah 41:10 MSG)

My spirit of adventure is tempered by my dislike for uncertainty. When I go hiking, I usually study a trail map before I even set out. I check the distance, elevation, availability of water, restrooms, etc. If I am hiking with someone who is familiar with the route, I don’t worry too much. I rely on them to figure out the details.

The more uncertain we feel about a situation, the more certain we have to be of God. When I am unsure, it feels as if I am lost in a dense forest. I am filled with dread and panic. But then I am reminded that God is with me, always. He knows the way. He cares for me. I am safe with Him. I may not know what is ahead, but I know Who goes with me, and He is reliable.

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”

~Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment