streams

streams

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

God Will See to It

“Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means "the LORD will provide"). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided." (Genesis 22:14 NLT)

Abraham took his son up on the mountain as God instructed, even though it didn’t make any sense. He was willing to offer up his child to God. Abraham trusted and obeyed, and God provided.

If faced with the same scenario, I could never do what Abraham did. My trust is limited. My obedience is inconsistent. I wait until I have no other options before I go up that mountain to offer my concerns to God. Even then, I tend to give directions to God on how He could make it all better. Instead of listening to instructions, I’m occupied with giving them. Until I learn to trust God completely, I cannot obey Him. My receptivity to what God provides is diminished because of my reliance on thoughts, feelings, and experiences. Through prayer, I climb this mountain of doubts and fears, surrender any illusions of control, and wait expectantly for further instructions.

I shall climb up the mountain of the Lord and offer everything to Him. I shall trust and obey. I will wait on His Providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment